Tips from the Sun Safety Alliance:
Dear Sun Safe Friend,
You don't need the luck of the Irish to protect your skin this St. Patrick's Day!
When you are celebrating with family and friends at St. Patrick's Day Parades and upcoming springtime events, keep your skin safe by remembering to:
• Apply a sun block of at least SPF 15 or higher with ingredients like Avobenzone or zinc oxide to protect against UVA and UVB rays
• Keep in mind the sun is strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• Wear a hat and sunglasses in addition to your sun block (Yes, goofy St. Patrick's Day hats can help block the sun's UV rays!)
• Reapply sun block often, especially if perspiring and after swimming or toweling off
• Wear clothing that is tightly woven or includes UV protection
• Stay in the shade whenever possible
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Posted by Baby Banz at 3:13 PM